Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Present buying without dirty footprints.

Once again the weather is smiling down on us, making it very easy to walk, hang washing and keep the heater off. I heard this morning that it's going to be cold, wet and rainy on Friday. :(

Both Fathers' Day and my sister's birthday are approaching very quickly. That's just the beginning. September brings a whole spate of birthdays of various family members. I know that most of my extended family are probably well aware and used to my eccentricities by now. However, that's when it doesn't effect them. I'd really love to say, "This year for your birthday/Fathers' Day/etc you'll be getting a gift that's eco friendly, ethically made or second-hand." Hmmm. I don't think they'd like it. Or maybe they wouldn't really mind but I'm just scared. Because I'm taking a less mainstream path through life these days, I feel the need to apologize for it in some way. Perhaps I need to outgrow that kind of thinking.

Anyway, I'm trying to the best of my ability to give experiential gifts instead. Things such as movie tickets etc.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment