Thursday, August 23, 2012

Two Heart-warming Moments

Last Friday afternoon I walked through the kitchen. Husband was cooking dinner and he wanted to place some herb butter under the skin of the chicken he was planning to roast. As I walked through, however, he was standing and holding a bowl of butter and herbs in the air over his head. That's not a cooking manoeuvre one sees everyday so I gave him a quizzical look. His explanation was that instead of using the microwave to soften the butter he was holding it under the heating vent since the heater was already on. Is it any wonder why I love that man so much?

Husband is not the only one in the family to have had a wonderful Footprints moment this week. Teenage Son was chatting to a good friend. I don't know how the subject came up but he must have mentioned something about unethical products. A discussion ensued and he gave his friend a list of which companies were considered unethical and then looked them up in the Ethical Consumer Guide himself later to research why. After that, he downloaded the ECG app which he's been poring over ever since. (Except during the time when he taught himself how to solve a Rubrik's cube.) He's always been interested but his interest has increased.

Part of the reason I like Teenage Son's moment is because I know his friend's mother follows the blog. I like the symmetry.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment