Monday, November 19, 2012

The Joys of Blogging

About a month ago I finished the first draft of my novel. I'm taking some time off now. I plan to return and it's still in my head; I just need to detach from it so when I get back to it I can do some ruthless editing.

That being the case, I brought along one of these blog posts to share at my writers' group on Sunday. One of my fellow writers asked me what I wanted him to look for. It's something we do; is this believable, does the dialogue flow, is there too much/little description etc? My reply was that I write the blog purely for enjoyment and didn't want to think about it too much, I simply wanted to share. Writing the blog is fun; I love doing it and don't want to censor myself in the sense that I'm so hung up on how it reads that I lose the joy.

I've also realized, however, that when I don't post I feel guilty. The truth is there are some days when it's just the same old, same old and any post I wrote would be a repetition so I refrain. We continue to work on our garden, try to keep waste down, try to shop ethically on a daily basis; I just don't always write about it. I'm not getting pressure from anyone else to post everyday, just from me. I don't want to lose the joy. So, keep on checking this space on a daily basis, it's a joy to write and post for you. I just can't guarantee that I'll post everyday. Other times, I may have the ideas for multiple posts in my head. The lot of a writer, I guess.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment